Clear Creek campground is located near the Sauk River only 3 miles south of Darrington. Notable in the area are the stately old fir trees. The under growth is fairly sparse offering a more open communal camping experience. It’s popular for fishing, bicycling and hiking. Nearby are the one-mile long Frog Lake nature trail and the three-mile Old Sauk Trail.
The road through the campground is gravel and there are good privacy between sites. It’s not far off the small Mountain Loop Highway but the river sounds from the Sauk River make a pleasant background atmosphere as you camp among the trees.
Things To Do:
- Berry Picking
- Bird Watching
- Mountain Biking
- River Rafting
- Campground Store
- Chemical Toilet
- Fire Extinguisher
- Fire Rings
- First Aid Kit
- Fishing Supplies
- Garbage Service
- Gas And Propane
- Picnic Tables
- Recycling Center
- Tent Pad
- Vault Toilet
- Visitor Center
*Reservations must be made at least 4 days in advance.
* 2 night minimum on weekends. 3 night minimum on holidays. A fee of $7 (overnight) and $5 (day use, space permitting) for extra vehicle will be collected at the campground. There is no water available at this campground.
Clear Creek (WA)
Phone Park for More Information: (541)338-7869
GPS Info. (Latitude, Longitude):
From Seattle go north on I-5 to Arlington exit. East on Hwy 30 to town of Darrington. South on Mt. Loop Hwy, 3 miles to Clear Creek Campground.
- Camping in Buck Creek, MT. Baker – Snoqualmie National Forest, WA
- Camping in Cle Elum River Group Site, Wenatchee National Forest, WA
- Camping in Bridge Creek Group Site, Okanogan – Wenatchee National Forest, WA
- Camping in Chatter Creek Group Site, Okanogan – Wenatchee National Forest, WA
- Camping in Chief Timothy Park, Lower Granite, WA